July 9, 2016 - July 9, 2016
A new course featuring a case study focussing on expert evidence for criminal and civil proceedings depending on your area of practise. There will be plenaries and practical sessions in small groups with an opportunity to cross examine the expert and to receive individual feedback from the group leaders.
- Expert witnesses
- Led by Leslie Cuthbert and Andrew McLoughlin
By the end of the event, through participation, delegates will:
- understand basic principles of selecting the right expert
- understand how best to instruct and use an expert
- understand the procedure rules governing experts
- understand the principles of cross-examination
- cross-examine an expert in relation to a simple case study
- understand the expert's own perspective of providing evidence for a trial.
Who should attend?Advocates and litigators seeking to improve their trial preparation and advocacy including:
- Litigators responsible for choosing and instructing experts
- Trial advocates in all courts
6 advocacy CPD hours including advance preparation.