The Law Society would like to invite you to an ethics breakfast panel the Law Society is holding on 1st November 2018 entitled Ethical Obligations of Lawyers during a Major Incident. The event forms part of Justice Week.
The panel session will be chaired by future law society president David Greene. The panel members are Yasmin Waljee OBE, International Pro Bono Director Hogan Lovells, Bernard Richmond QC, Head of Lamb Building and currently Counsel to the Grenfell enquiry, and journalist and broadcaster Matthew Gwyther.
The timings are as follows:
Date: Thursday 1 November
Registration from 8.30-9.00am
Topics to discuss include:
- recognising how ethics play a role during a major incident such as a terrorist attack or civic disaster
- the complexities around charging for work in such situations
- the problems surrounding ambulance chasing
- issues with lawyers acting beyond their area of expertise in complex cases
- the ethics of lawyers promoting themselves on social media for their work in this field
You can book your place via this page on the Law Society website. Further details about Justice Week are provided on the attached postcard.