Consultant Solicitor Advocate – Children’s Law
TV Edwards LLP www.tvedwards.com/site/people/profile/deborah.piccos
Whitechapel – London
Deborah is the children and family law representative on the SAHCA committee. She is a Senior Solicitor Advocate and Children Panel Solicitor with over 20 years experience. Deborah is a Higher Rights advocate and undertakes all her own advocacy, appearing at all court levels including the Family Courts, the High Court and the Court of Appeal. She is also regularly the junior advocate to leading counsel on complex High Court and Court of Appeal cases. Deborah has a proven record of managing an extensive and challenging public law children caseload and many of her cases have been recently reported.
Deborah specialises in public law children matters. She represents children in a wide range of public law and adoption cases. She is a specialist in care proceedings, including cases concerned with issues of radicalisation, fabricated and induced illness, non accidental injuries, serious sexual, physical, emotional abuse and neglect. Deborah also deals with cases concerning contact with children in care, assessment applications, finding of fact hearings, placements abroad and cases with international jurisdiction issues.
Deborah has extensive leadership and management experience. Prior to becoming a Consultant she was a Partner in a legal aid practice.
Deborah was shortlisted for the Legal Aid Practitioners’ Group public family legal aid lawyer of the year for 2017.
- Children Representative Member of the Law Society’s Children Panel, June 2005
- Higher Audience Rights Civil, March 2007
- Vulnerable witness training accreditation obtained 2017
Reported cases include:
- Re MP (Fact-Finding Hearing: Care Proceedings)  EWHC 2062 (Fam),
- Re MP (Fact-finding Hearing: Care Proceedings: Art 15)  EWHC 2063 (Fam),  1 FLR 702,
- London Borough of Barnet v The Father & Anor  EWFC B144 (11 July 2014)
- London-Borough of Newham v KA Mother Ors  EWFC B11 (4 March 2016)
- Re SL Permission to Vaccinate  EWHC 125 (Fam) (30 January 2017)